Professor Sujith Surendran is currently an Assistant Professor at the School of Law, Alliance University, Bangalore. He has more than eight years’ experience in teaching graduate and post graduate students of law and management. In addition, he has been mentoring students for placements, internships etc. He enrolled as an advocate in 2006 with the Bar Council of Kerala and practiced at the Honorable High Court of Kerala and other subordinate courts before entering a career in academics. He is now pursuing a doctoral degree from the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, in the area of ‘Investment and Renewable Energy Law’. He has qualified for the National Eligibility Test (NET) in 2012. Additionally, he completed the degrees of LL.M (Business Laws) from the National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Bangalore, and LL.B. from the School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin. He also holds a B.Com. (Taxation) degree from M.G. University, Kottayam. He has attended the winter school on International Taxation, organized by the Indian Society of International Law (ISIL), New Delhi.
He is a member of the Kerala High Court Advocates Association and International Association for the Study of Commons.
- Sujith Surendran & Dr. Tabrez Ahmad, ‘The Need for a Legal Definition of “Sustainable Energy” for a Sustainable Future’, 2 Energy Law Reports 95–105 (2016). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2852926
Conference and Other Presentations
- Paper presented, titled “The Structural Analysis of The Renewable Electricity Sector in India Using Institutional Analysis and Development (IAD) Framework” in the international conference on Redefining Diversity and Dynamism of Natural Resource Management in Asia, on July 13 - July 16, at Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok.
- Paper presented, titled“ Access to Energy and alleviation of poverty: A policy Analysis” in the International Conference on Dimensions of Poverty and Happiness in Economy on 9th and 10th September 2017, at Ecumenical Christian Centre, Bangalore, organized by the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Jain University, Bangalore.
- Paper presented, titled “International Seminar on Water Laws and Resource Management: Challenges and Way Ahead”, on 3rd and 4th Nov, 2017, organized by the School of Law, UPES.
- Sujith P Surendran, “Specialized Law Programs” in the Two Day National Workshop on Integrated Double Degree Courses in Law- Critical Reflections on 21st and 22nd January 2017 at Government Law College, Kozhikode.
- Paper presented, titled “Balancing of Economic Development and GST” in the Three Day National Seminar, “Legis Actio 2017” on on Goods and Service Tax from 21st to 23rd February 2017 at Government Law College, Kozhikode
- Paper presented, titled “ Nuclear Energy: The Fuel for Transition Phase”, in the Two Day National Seminar on Sustainable Energy Future in India Law, Policy and Management on 18th and 19th September 2017 at National Law School of India University, Bengaluru.
- Participated in the two day law teachers’ international seminar on “Critical Reflections on the Methodology of Teaching Law in India”, December, 2016.
- Faculty Development Program on “Absolute Justice, Medical Negligence and Teaching Research from the Left” organized by School of Law, IMS Unison University, Dehradun during January 9-10, 2016 at School of Law, Dehradun
- Judge, National Moot Court Competition, IMS Unison University, Dehradun 2016
- Judge, Paper presentation, National Youth Summit- Vision 2020 organized by icareIndia at Tula’s Institute, Dehradun on 28th April 2012.
- Chaired a session on Uttarakhand’s First Renewable Energy Summit organized by icareindia at Tula’s Institute, Dehradun on 19th November, 2011.
- Presented a Paper titled “Legal education: new challenges” in Legis Actio 2012- National seminar on legal profession, legal research and legal education organized by govt. law college, Calicut from 16th to 18th March, 2012.
- Presented a paper titled “Right to education as a human right” at Human Rights for Students 2010, organized by Human Rights Law Network and Arunachal Law Academy with the support of European Union at Arunachal Law Academy, Itanagar.
- Faculty Development Program on “Methodology of Legal Research” organized by CoLS, UPES at UPES 17th and 18th May 2012
- Workshop on “Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights” organized Indian Law Institute and High Court of Kerala on 25th and 26th June, 2005 at Cochin.
- Two Days Entrepreneurship Development Program on Solar Energy, organized on 20th and 21st May, 2017 at Bangalore by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
- Thirty hours training program on “Mediation: The Principles & Practice”, at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore.