Professor Heena Ghanshyam Patoli holds a Masters in Law degree from Amity University, Noida (specialising in Human Rights) and also holds an MBA degree from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (specialising in Human Resource Management). She has recently submitted her doctoral dissertation in Law which she is doing from Pacific University, Udaipur ( final viva to be completed on the Domestic Violence Act and its impact on human rights).
Earlier, Professor Patoli was working in Amity University, Mumbai as Assistant Professor in Law and was also coordinator of the Department of Law and later worked in Maharishi University, Noida. Since 2010, she is in the education industry, and before that was working in the corporate sector in the UAE as Law officer in the UAE Exchange at Abu Dhabi, apart from other organisations in India.
Pofessor Patoli is an experienced professional with more than 16 years of work exposure in educational institutions in the legal field and is a legal researcher and auditor. A fast learner with a dynamic personality and a flair for interacting with people, she thrives on new challenges. She possesses excellent communication, organizing, time management and team leading skills, and is goal focused.
Apart from academics she has a flair for yoga and meditation, and has completed the basic courses in mediation and yoga. Her other hobbies are reading, writing, and watching movies. Her extracurricular activities include participation in the NCC in school for two years. She has also participated in a Pranic Healing basic workshop and Achieving Oneness with the Soul courses.
Professor Patoli is well versed in about six Indian languages. She has finished her education in Belgaum up to LL.B. and later completed her LL.M. from Delhi. Her basic degree is B.Com. (specialising in income tax and costing).
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS – PAPERS PUBLISHED AND PRESENTED
- Presently working on a Book Cases and Materials on Law of Tort.
- Research Paper-Human Rights in the Epics-published in Journal of Business from Management Development Institute, Delhi.
- Research Paper-Nonstop Terrorism-published by SLAA Publications, Bangalore.
- Research Paper-Life in a Prison with Truths and Experiences-A Human Rights Perspective, published in the International Journal of Legal Research and Governance in collaboration with International Council of Jurists.
- Research Paper-First preference of custody of a child to the mother (Maharishi Law school , Noida )
- Book review on Dr. S C Tripathi (2017) Indian Legal and Constitutional History, Central Law Publications, Allahabad
- Participated in the International ADR Summit-Maadhyam, Council for Conflict Resolution, New Delhi (2018).
- Participated in the launch of “Amid Gods and Lords”, Living through Labyrinths of Religion and Law, by Professor Dr. Tahir Mahmood. (2015)
- Participated in a conference of the National Commission of Women on Domestic Violence Act, Bangalore. (2008)
- Participated in a conference relating to the National Commission of Women on mentally retarded women, Delhi. (2007)
UNITED NATIONS CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS ATTENDED
- United Nations Public Administrative Network (UNPAN) Certificate course- Corruption Prevention.
- United Nations Public Administrative Network (UNPAN) Certificate Course-Strategic Intelligence.