Prof. Jithin V.J. holds B.A.L., LL.B. Degree from the University of Kerala and a Master’s Degree (LL.M) in Environmental Law from the Central University of Punjab. He was the University topper for LL.M. He also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Drafting of Legislation, Treaties and Agreements from the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi. At present, he is pursuing his doctoral program from the Central University of Punjab and working on the final stages of the dissertation. Apart from regular academic activities, he has organized Workshops/ Seminars and Moot Court Competitions.
Certificate /Short Term Courses Attended
- Certificate Course in Human Rights and Duties, Central University of Punjab (February-May 2015)
- 13th Summer Course on International Law at the Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi (26 May-06 June 2014)
- IGCS Winter School on Sustainability in Theory and Practice- Exploring Sustainable Development, Indo-German Centre for Sustainability, at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai (03-16 March 2014).
- South India 10 Day Special Camp on Environment Awareness Course, National Service Scheme, Kakkodi (21-30 December 2007)
Research Paper Publications
- (V.J.Jithin, P.Pathak) Tribal Rights Looped in Governance of Protected Areas in India in International Journal of Legal Research and Studies, Vol.II Issue IV (ISSN: 2456-608X) 2017. (Impact Factor: 1.021)
- (V.J.Jithin) Legal Impediments of Groundwater Conservation and Water Law Reforms in India in International Journal of Economics and Socio-legal Sciences, Vol. II, Issue III ( ISSN:2395-4906) 2016.
Research Papers Presented
- ‘Understanding Tribal Rights Looped in Forest Governance of India’ at International Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice, organized by Knowledge Steez at Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi, 06 August 2017.
- ‘Prostitution and Vulnerable Womenhood in India: A Human Rights Approach’ at International Conference on Human Rights in India: A Multi-Faceted Aspect, held at DAV College, Abohar, 27-28 February 2016.
- Legal Impediments of Groundwater Conservation in India and Agenda of Reforms’, at National Seminar on Law in Globalized Era: Issues and Challenges, held at Department of Law, Punjabi University, Patiala, 08-09 November 2013.
- ‘Green Economy as an Agenda to Attain Sustainable Development: Response of International Environmental Law’, at National Seminar on Emerging Environmental Issues: Legislative and Judicial Approach, held at Department of Law, Punjabi University Regional Centre, Bathinda, 22-23 October 2012.
- ‘Globalization, Climate Change and Beyond: The Role of Environmental Governance in 21st Century’, at National Seminar on Emerging Dimensions of Law in 21st Century, Department of Laws, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, 27 September 2012.
- ‘Trends in International Trade and Emerging Environmental Concerns: A Legal Perspective’, at National Seminar on Environmental Pollution and the Sustainable Development: Statutory Realities, Social Chaos and Scientific Challenges, conducted by Nehru Memorial Post Graduate Law College, Hanumangarh, 25-26 February 2012.
- ‘Environmental Policy and the Indian Corporate’ at National Seminar on Environment, Development and Human Rights, University School of Law and Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi, 20-21 January 2012.
Selected Recent Writings in Malayalam:
- Ina thedunna avakashangal (Society, Marriage and Self Determination: Reflections on International Human Rights Day), in Azhimukham, at http://www.azhimukham.com/, 10 December 2017.
- Matsya bandhanam: Upajeevanathinte Changalakalum Athijeevanathinte Rashtreeyavum (Fisheries Sector: Challenges of Livelihood and Politics of Survival) Sastragathi, Vol.51 Issue 11. May 2017
- Thazhunna Bhoogarbha Jalanirap: Nammalini Ennanu Padam Padikkuka ? (Groundwater Depletion and Challenges of Impending Severe Drought), in Azhimukham, at http://www.azhimukham.com/, 30 October 2016.
- Madhyama Pravarthakarum Abhibhashakavrithiyum: Samanwayathinte Sadhyathakal (Conflicting interests of Media and Lawyers: Seeking Convergence), in Bodhi Commons, at http://beta.bodhicommons.org/, 25 July 2016.
- Rajavinte Makanum Indian Bharanaghatanayum (Status of Royal Families and Indian Constitution), in Bodhi Commons, at http://beta.bodhicommons.org/ 04 July 2016.
- Serial Niyanthranangalude Nirangal Enth (Exploring Colours of Serial Censoring), in Navamalayali at http://navamalayali.com/, 28 June 2016.
- Lahariyude Maraviyidangale Unarthunna Udta Punjab (Film Review, Drugs and Oblivion: Approach of Udta Punjab) in Azhimukham, at http://www.azhimukham.com/ 25 June 2016.
Workshops/Training Programs Attended
- One Day Workshop on Ancient Indian Values for Society and Polity at I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, 20 February 2017.
- Two Day Legal Awareness Program About Women Related Laws jointly organized by the Central University of Punjab and National Commission for Women at Central University of Punjab, Bathinda 27-28 August 2016.
- One Day Training Program on Human Rights, jointly organized by the Central University of Punjab and National Human Rights Commission at Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, 20 December 2015.
- Awareness Program on Biodiversity for Sustainable Development, organized by Centre for Environmental Science & Technology, CUPB in collaboration with Punjab Biodiversity Board, 22 May 2015.
- National Workshop on Training the Trainers- Water Quality and Health, organized by Central University of Punjab, 11 February 2015.
- One Day Training Program on Human Rights, jointly organized by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law and National Human Rights Commission at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala, 22 November 2014.
- IGCS-DAAD Alumni Workshop on Globalization, Sustainability, Lifestyle: Think Globally, act Locally, organized by the Indo-German Centre for Sustainability, at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, 06-07 November 2014.
- National Colloquium on Legal Research and Methodology at Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 01-02 November 2014
- 2nd NUJS National Environmental Law Workshop on Nuclear Liability and Access and Benefit Sharing under Convention on Biological Diversity at The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata 23-24 February 2013.
- Workshop on Environmental Advocacy conducted by C.P.R Environmental Education Centre held at Government College of Law, Thiruvananthapuram, 18 July 2009
International/ National Seminars Attended
- Three Day National Seminar on Sustainable Development and Environmental Challenges organized by Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University, Tirur, 08-10 June 2016.
- International Conference on Rule of Law for Supporting the 2030 Development Agenda/ Sustainable Development Goals jointly organized by United Nations Environment Programme, National Green Tribunal and Government of India held at Vigyan Bhawan and Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi, 04th -06th March 2016.
- Seminar on The Evolving Importance of Intellectual Property Rights organized by the Intellectual Property Cell, Central University of Punjab, at Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, 30 January 2016.
- National Seminar on Environment and Health at Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, 27 September 2011
Other Achievements/ Activities
- Won Best Performance Award in 13th National Youth Parliament held at Central University of Punjab under the aegis of Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Government of India. (September 2016).
- Selected to participate in International Course on Governing Forests, People and Landscapes, organized by Centre for Development Innovation, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Netherlands, (2014).
- Student Convener, 6th All India Moot Court Competition organised by Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram, (21-23 January 2010)
- Adjudged as Best Socio-Legal Volunteer in the Special Camping Programme on Social Audit, Legal Literacy and Lok Adalat conducted by National Service Scheme Unit, Government College of Law, Thiruvananthapuram at Karakulam, (08-17 February 2008).
- Participated and Carried out Socio-Economic Survey in Karakulam Grama Panchayat, on behalf of Grameena Patana Kendram, Karakulam and Karakulam Grama Pachayat, (19-29 September 2006).
- Bar Council of India: Certificate of Practice (2011)
- Bar Council of Kerala: Certificate of Enrolment (2010)