Dr. Ramdhass P. graduated in Law from the University of Mysore, Karnataka in 2009. He also completed his degree of Master of Law in International Law and Organizations in the year 2011 from the Department of Legal Studies, University of Madras. Thereafter, he completed Master of Philosophy from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi in the year 2011-13. His Master of Philosophy dissertation was on “Universal Jurisdiction under International Criminal Law: A Critical Analysis”. Finally, he obtained his doctorate in International Law in 2018 from the Centre for International Legal Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. His topic of research for the award of Doctor of Philosophy was titled “Sovereignty and International Criminal Law: A Critical Analysis of Jurisdictional Issues” and it was was adjudged the best comprehensive, analytical and thought provoking research ever done on this topic. He has also presented his paper on “Hierarchy of Courts in India: With Special Reference to the Supreme Court of India” at the Xiamen Academy of International Law, Xiamen, People’s Republic of China in 2015.
Dr. Ramdhass has been awarded The Hague Academy of International Law Scholarship 2014. He has qualified UGC NET, 2016. He has research experience of six years and teaching experience of one year in the field of International Law. For the last one year, he is working as an Assistant Professor in Alliance School of Law at Alliance University.
- P.R. Ramdhass (2018), “Universal Jurisdiction under International Criminal Law. A Critical Analysis” Published by GRIN Verlag, Demand GmbH, Norderstedt Germany, ISBN: 9783668779488.
Research Paper Publications:
- ‘Principles of Responsibility under International Law: Reflections on Use and Abuse of Universal Jurisdiction’, International Journal of Law and Social Sciences, Vol. III, Issue VII, July 2017, ISSN: 2394-4277.
- ‘Incorporation of International Law into Domestic Legal System: A Special Reference to the Indian State Practice’, International Journal of Law, Education, Social and Sports Studies, Vol. 4, Issue 2, June 2017, ISSN: 2455-0418.
Papers Presented at Conferences:
- ‘Hierarchy of Courts in India: With Special Reference to Supreme Court of India’, presented at the Xiamen Academy of International Law, July 2015, organized by the Xiamen Academy, People’s Republic of China.
- ‘Implementation of International Treaties in India: With Special Reference to Indian Constitution and Role of Judiciary’, paper selected for presentation at the National Conference on Six Decades of Indian Constitution and Inclusiveness, February 2015, organized by the Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, University of Mysore, Karnataka.
- Privatization of Outer Space: A Legal Analysis.
- Protection of Right as a Community Responsibility: Reflections from International Human Rights Law.